Saturday, July 20, 2013

How Reiki Relieved Back Pain


Recently I was asked by Bill (not his real name), a man in his 60's, if Reiki could help with his back pain. Bill told me had tried numerous different treatments in an attempt to relieve or even reduce the pain. All these treatments had been without success. His doctor had also been unable to assist him.

Naturally I wanted to help but as a professional Reiki practitioner I knew that I couldn't offer any guarantees. I also knew that a Reiki treatment at worst would not make at difference at all however there was a possibility that it could at least reduce the pain. So confidently I said to Bill, "It can't do you any harm, so why not to try it".

This is often my response to anyone that is a first-timer to Reiki. My view is that all they need is their curiosity to try out Reiki. After all, if what you have done has not worked, it makes sense to try something new.

Bill is physically fit and having back pain was to say the least an inconvenience. It was hindering his normally active lifestyle. So I gave him a full Reiki treatment which lasted for an hour.

Immediately afterwards and before he left he remarked that his back wasn't as bad as it has been. I took this to mean that the Reiki session had helped to reduce the pain and discomfort. Sometimes clients state things tentatively until they are sure of that the results are lasting.

Bill returned for a second Reiki treatment two weeks later and was delighted to find that the next day his back was free from pain. In fact he as so delighted he sent me a thank you card which said:-

" I had not known what to expect, and having had the lower back pain for about three weeks, which had not responded to various treatments/exercises, I was not too hopeful. Then after the therapy the back became vary "loose", the pain receded, and it felt so much better. It felt the same today when I woke up - great."

Reiki, although not widely known about in the West is becoming more popular and a treatment of choice as the word spreads about its amazing results. Bill had sought treatment for back pain whose original cause was a sports injury. Although all pain and injury should be checked out and monitored by your medical practitioner first, Reiki may offer a complementary solution when orthodox treatment has not provided sufficient relieve. Reiki treatments are available for sports injury and subsequent pain as well as for body pain from any cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment